The Weekly Standard

Home News The Weekly Standard

The prominent magazine The Weekly Standard is offering Hillsdale students free access to its online issues as part of a new marketing campaign to students.

“We’re really trying to get students acquainted with the ‘Standard,’ so, we’re offering free access for a year for any student, whether they’re in college, graduate school, law school, or any other professional school,” said Weekly Standard Publisher Terry Eastland.

The program was made available to Hillsdale College students through an e-mail sent out by John Miller, director of the Dow Journalism program.

“We were presented with an opportunity to offer this subscription to Hillsdale students,” he said.

“The Standard is a great magazine with outstanding reporting. With the election coming up, it’ll be a great resource,” Miller said.“When I was in college, I had a free subscription to the Standard. I never missed an article.”

The offer is part of a nationwide push to introduce college-age Americans to the conservative political commentary offered by the magazine.

Students can enter the URL: www.theweeklystandard.com/free into their browser, and they will be taken to the free access request page.

Once the information is provided, students have access to every weekly article, plus archives for the last 16 years.

Recent Hillsdale guest Andy Ferguson is a senior editor at the magazine.