Santorum campaigners stake out Hillsdale

by Sarah Anne Voyles on February 25, 2012

A tour bus emblazoned with a picture of GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum came to Hillsdale College today, but the candidate was not aboard.

The the bus came to Hillsdale to campaign for Santorum, and is affiliated with CatholicVote.org and the Susan B. Anthony List, said Marilyn Musgrave, former Congresswoman of Colorado.

Musgrave, now Vice President of Government Affairs for the Susan B. Anthony List, said the bus came to Hillsdale to campaign for Santorum ahead of Michigan’s Feb. 28 primary.

From about 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m., the bus was parked between Lane and Kendall Halls and students were invited on board to hear more about the candidate and receive stickers and campaign information. About 75 students came, including freshmen Shelly Peters and Rebbeca Robison.

They said they heard about the bus from senior Laura Wegmann who alerted students eating in the Grewcock Student Union during lunch.

“I think it shows how politically active our college is,” Peters said.

Hillsdale was the ninth stop of the day for the bus, which was staffed by representatives from other national pro-life groups including Campaign For Working Families, Culture War Victory Fund, Eagle Forum, and Let Freedom Ring.

The bus will continue touring Michigan for  six days. (520)

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Jeff King February 25, 2012 at 11:22 pm

A picture of the bus as it was leaving Hillsdale. A good day was had by all…

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/404839_3369098706414_1237601655_3775100_1137115895_n.jpg

Reply

2 Walter Cook March 6, 2012 at 6:48 pm

When are the Hillsdale College tour buses coming to North Carolina to help equip us to fight against the Gay Marriage Legislation and where?

Reply